Tourist places around Coorg

Raja Seat Mantapa Coorg

Sunset watching is popular at this park with valley views, a train & musical fountain shows.



Iruppu Falls Coorg

Iruppu Falls is a fresh water cascade located in the Brahmagiri Mountain Range, in the Kodagu district of Karnataka. The Irupu Falls or Iruppu Falls are also known as Lakshmana Tirtha Falls locally. It is formed by Lakshmana Teertha, a stream originated in Brahmagiri Peaks and joins Kaveri River. According to the legend, Lord Rama and his brother Lakshmana passed along the Brahmagiri range in search of Sita. When lord Rama asked his brother to get some drinking water, Lakshmana shot an arrow at the Brahmagiri hills and brought into being the river Lakshmana Tirtha. The falls is at its best in monsoon and post monsoon seasons. The best time to visit Iruppu falls are from August to January while the peak season is from September to December. Usually it takes half day to visit Iruppu Falls.

 


View Point Coorg

Scenic overlook providing panoramic views of mountains, valley, morning fog & sunsets.


Omkareshwara Temple

Prominent Hindu temple to the god Shiva with 4 minarets, a dome & a fish-filled pond.


St. Mark's Church, Mercara

The St. Mark’s Church is located within the Mercara Fort, Coorg, India and was raised in 1859, by the officers and men of the East India Company. The church building was funded by the Government of Madras,and placed under the Church of England in India, Diocese of Madras. The Church was closed after Indian independence, and taken over by the Government of Karnataka in 1971. The building now houses the Madikeri Fort Museum, managed by the Karnataka State Archaeological Department.


Abbey Falls

Abbey Falls is in Kodagu, in the Western Ghats in Karnataka. It is located 8 km from the Madikeri, 122 km from Mysore, 144 km from Mangalore and 268 km from Bangalore.The River is part of the early reaches of the river Kaveri. Flow is much higher during the monsoon season. The waterfall is located between private coffee plantations with stocky coffee bushes and spice estates with trees entwined with pepper vines. A hanging bridge constructed just opposite the falls.


Madikeri Fort

Madikeri Fort was first founded by Mudduraja in the second half of the 17th century. He also built a palace inside the fort. It was eventually rebuilt in granite by Tipu Sultan who named the site as Jaffarabad. In 1790, Dodda Vira Rajendra took control of the fort. The British who added to the fort in 1834. The palace was renovated by Linga Rajendra II in 1812-1814. In the north-east corner at the entrance are two life size masonry elephants and a church is present in the south-east corner.



Other Homestays, Hotes & Resorts in Coorg



Top